Welcome to All Sports For All People where Everybody is a Winner!
All Sports for All People of Camp Olympia is a sports program led by a team of professionals who are dedicated to helping children, teens and adults improve their skills in many sports.
Swim With The Best! Swimming is a life skill that is enjoyable, challenging, and a great form of exercise. The aquatic staff at All Sports for All People of Camp Olympia is devoted to making a difference in teaching and coaching to all members. Our swimming program incorporates a variety of levels to accommodate all participants’ needs. Safety is ensured by our caring and highly trained staff.
(NEW!) Lifeguard Classes
Feel free to join us at Family Swim at Erasmus Hall to see if you are ready before signing up! (click the photo below for more information)
Lifeguard Training Prerequisites
- Must complete the prerequisite prior to registering for a Lifeguarding Course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Everyone is welcome to come to family swim even if they do not currently swim with All Sports for All People of Camp Olympia. $5 per person per 50 minute session. Check out our closed dates here.
Our summer sports camp programs are located at John Jay High school (237 7th ave). Here we help children ages 4 to 12 improve their skills in soccer, basketball, baseball, swimming and volleyball.